Thursday, April 16, 2009

Networking



I enjoy FaceBook because I’ve been able to get reconnected with college friends and see what some former teens (now 20 somethings) have been up to since they finished high school and left our youth group. A lot of people my age (late 30’s) have been getting on the community. The main reason I first got on the bandwagon was for networking. Most of the ministry people I know here locally first joined FaceBook for the same reason as me; networking.

Over the weekend, I had a note from a friend of mind who started a church a few years back in Franklin, VA with a need. The church is looking for a Worship Leader. A name popped in my head of a young man who was in our youth dept back in the 90’s who has earned a degree in music from the same college I attended so I sent him a note asking if he was looking for a church. He replied with a yes and sent me his resume. I sent my pastor friend a reply with the name of this talented young man and then forwarded his resume to him. I haven’t heard anything else regarding this but it would be cool if God opens this door for both men. If so, then FaceBook had a part of this union.

No comments: