Tuesday, August 03, 2010

You’ve Got to Be Kidding!!

Today the department I work in at Dollar Tree did a team building outing; it was fun. Before we left, I sent out a memo suggesting another type of team building event. I put a link to this blog along with a link of the video of me finishing Saturday’s race. I wrote that next year’s “The Military Challenge” race would be an ideal team building event. You can have up to 5 people to a team. I meant it as a joke, but I have enjoyed the reactions from my co-workers.

Not long after I sent the memo, I was talking with Teresa and I heard “You’ve got to be kidding; that man’s not right!” from the lady who sits beside me. I told Teresa I thought she had read my memo and she did. I know that are some that might even think about it but I know they are few. We adventure racers are few and far between.

On Saturday, I did see a team of 4 that started with me in the second stage from First Baptist Church of Norfolk. I thought that maybe next year I can get a few of the guys from Common Ground to run with me. One almost did this year until he did something to his knee. We have some in our church that would try it at least. Maybe next year, there will be a Team Common Ground. That would be a different type of outreach.

No comments: