Friday, February 04, 2011

Hallelujah (Your Love Makes Me Sing)

I was sent an e-mail today thanking me for praying for a co-workers’ father. My co-worker’s father went in for surgery to remove cancer from his lungs. If the doctor saw no cancer cells in the lymph nodes, my co-worker’s father wouldn’t have to go through the chemo therapy. His surgery was on Wednesday morning; it lasted 5 hours. He came through wonderfully. The e-mail that caused me to post my thoughts is what her father found out today. Her e-mail read;

“Just want to say "Thank you" all again for the prayers!!

I just received the most wonderful news ever!!! I just talked to dad, he just finished breakfast and the doctor came in and told him that there were no cancer cells in the lymph nodes, so he will not have to go through chemo or radiation!!!! Talk about a blessing!!! I was so happy I was in tears…”

The first word that popped in my head was “Hallelujah” followed by a song I used to sing a ways back. I think it’s been at least 5 years since I’ve heard it but it popped in my head. The song is called “Hallelujah (Your Love Makes Me Sing)” by Brenton Brown and Brian Doerksen. Our God is so faithful to us even when we are not faithful back. He owes us nothing but hell but He gives us so much. Since He has drawn me to Himself and made me His son, I can’t help but be in awe of Him and His ways. After being saved for 34 years, I can just now start to understand why He gives so much. After becoming a father for the first time back 2009, I can see as a father why He blesses us; because of His love for us. I think after what He did on the cross He owes us nothing, but because of His love for us He gives us so much. I can not help but praise Him every second of every minute; every minute of every hour; every hour of every day; every day of every month; and every month of every year. I look forward to praising my God for all eternity.

I’d like to share the words to the song that popped in my head. I hope this encourages you to lift up praise to our God and Savior.

“Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging
Your love is a mountain, firm beneath my feet
Your love is a mystery, how you gently lift me
When I am surrounded, your love carries me

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, your love makes me sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, your love makes me sing

Your love is surprising, I can feel it rising
All the joy that's growing deep inside of me
Every time I see you, all your goodness shines through
And I can feel this God song, rising up in me

Yes, you make me sing
Lord, you make me sing, sing, sing
How you make me sing”

No comments: