Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Waiting or Hoping on The Lord


I’m a little down today; it started yesterday. I know what it is; its Satan throwing doubts my way. I know that God has given me a desire to pastor/shepherd His people. I read how 1,500 pastors a month leave the ministry and how there are churches looking for pastors but no doors have opened. I know that God will open the door He wants to open in his time. I know that fact, but I’m still down. When I’m like this I remember Isaiah 40:31, “But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind (The Message).” Some English translations use the word hope instead of wait. Either word works.

This morning as I was thinking through my daily reading of Psalms and thinking about Isaiah 40:31, an older Steven Curtis Chapman song popped in my head. I’ve actually sang this song once or twice in the mid-1990s. The song is taken from Isaiah 40:31 and reading the words leaves me refreshed and encouraged. If you are wondering what God has planned for you or you have a God given desire that you are waiting to be fulfilled, read the words to this song and I pray it leaves you encouraged.

“You wonder when the Lord will renew the strength within you;
You wonder how, how can He use you as you are.
Seems like you’re wasting precious time,
But then a voice comes to remind you (to wait).

CHORUS
Wait, wait, wait on the Lord;
You will understand in time.
Why you must wait,
Wait, wait, wait on the Lord;
Yes He hears you,
But for now you must wait on the Lord.

Answers come slowly to your cries of desperation,
But time is His tool, teaching the greatest lessons learned;
So let Him do His work in you,
And watch the miracles come true as you (wait).

(chorus)

And He wants you to know that
They that wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They will rise up with wings as eagles,
They will run, not get weary.
They will walk and not faint;
That’s a promise to us when we (wait).”

No comments: