Friday, June 01, 2012

Pride Check List

I’ve come across the below check list while reading “Discipleship Counseling” by Dr. Neil T. Anderson (on page 301). Everyone struggles with this in our lives, because it was the cause of Adam and Eve’s fall from grace. Because of their pride, they wanted to be “like God.” I pray this list maybe used to encourage you. Having a stronger desire to do my will than God’s will Leaning too much on my own understanding and experience rather then seeking God’s guidance through prayer and His Word Relying on my own strengths and abilities instead of depending on the power of the Holy Spirit Being more concerned about controlling others than developing self-control Being too busy doing important things to take time to do the little things for others Having the tendency to think I have no needs Finding it hard to admit when I am wrong Being more concerned about pleasing people than pleasing God Being concerned about getting the credit I feel I deserve Thinking I am more humble, spiritual, religious, or devoted than others

No comments: