Wednesday, October 03, 2007


Waiting


I had a dream the other night that caused me to be uneasy. The dream was me waiting in a checkout line at Sears. I’m waiting for a very long time. When it was time for me to be next the clerk walked about to retrieve what I was trying to buy. When the man returned, he apologized for the delay but explained it would be a little bit longer. He handed me 2 pieces of what looked like machine parts. He told me to be patient and the other needed parts will arrive shortly. I awoke uneasy because I knew the meaning of the dream.

I see that the dream is about me waiting on God to open the door to the next step of my walk with Him. I feel that I’ve been waiting forever to start the next level of church planting but I know that God’s timetable is not the same as mine. I know that while waiting for God to move, this is the time I should be listening to Him through reading His word.

I have had an opportunity to meet a gentleman in Montana who shared with me that he waited 8 years for God to open the door for him and his family to move to Montana to pastor a church. His testimony reminded me of men in the Bible who waited on God. Abraham waited on God to give him a son. Abraham was over 100 years old when God gave him a son. Joseph waited on God to fulfill the dream He gave him when he was a teenager. Joseph waited 20 years. Moses was given the assignment to free Israel from Egypt but had to wait 80 years before God could use him to do so. There are many examples of people waiting on God to fulfill what He wanted them to accomplish.

I feel God uses the time between our calling and our fulfilling the call to mold us to the people we need to be in order to complete the task. I know when He opens the door for me to move through, I will be who I need to be in order that God will get the glory.

No comments: