Monday, November 23, 2009

Almost Here



Teresa and I are at the medical center and we are listening to Ripley’s heartbeat. These 9 months are flown by soooo fast. I feel we are ready; as ready as anyone can be for their first child. We are very loved by our friends and fellow Christian s from Common Ground. We have many people praying for us and I can feel it. My number one prayer for Teresa is for peace. As I read this, Teresa and talking with Eileen Frost and she is nice and claim. Again, I know this will pass but Teresa is doing soooo well. I am a very lucky man to have her. God knew what He was doing when He gave her to me; and He gave me to her.

Ripley will be here before we know it. My number one prayer is for God to draw her to Himself at an early age. That she will know Him as Savior and not just as her parents’ God. I am very thankful to God for saving me at 7 and I have been able to follow Him for over 32 years (sometimes not so faithfully as I should).

I take my role as Ripley’s daddy very seriously. How Ripley views God will be a reflection of how I treat her. I’ve counseled so many young women who struggle with seeing God as a loving Father because their fathers weren’t so loving. My role as Ripley’s daddy is to point her to the Father with my love and actions. I pray that God will help me with this role.

No comments: