Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Final Countdown



Teresa and I are on the final 2 weeks of our journey with our baby. Teresa’s doctor told her yesterday that Ripley is currently 7.5 pounds and they project her to be 8 to 8.5 pounds on November 22. We will check in to Maryview Hospital at 4pm on Sunday, November 22 and they will start to induce Teresa. Lord willing, Ripley will arrive on Monday, November 23; one week ahead of her due date.

Teresa and I are so excited to know that in less than 2 weeks we will have our gift from God in our hands. This little girl will be so loved. With her pending arrival, God has taught Teresa and me so much about His love. Ripley isn’t even here yet and we love her so much its unbelievable. We have friends joking with us about the sleep or the lack thereof after the birth, but we’re not even thinking about that right now.

I’m thinking about how we can show Ripley the Love of God. Teresa and I want so much to be examples of God’s love for Ripley so she will know Him at an early age. We both know that Ripley is not ours. She belongs to God and He has entrusted her into our care. That is mind blowing to me. I know it will be hard to commit Ripley over to God but she is His.

I just can’t want to meet this little gift from God. To hold her in my arms; to kiss her little face, toes, and stomach; to bath her; to read her stories and see her reaction to the stories; to teach her things that daddy can only teach; love her like I have never loved before. We are in the final countdown; 13 days, 22 plus hours, and change until her possible arrival.

How great is out GOD!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: