Friday, July 09, 2010

I Am Blessed

Sometimes we forget just how blessed we are of God. Living our lives, working our jobs, and doing the same thing day in and day out, we tend to forget to stop (and smell the roses). It takes going on vacation for some of us and others they never do stop.

Teresa, Ripley, and I have been away in KY since July 1. I’m on vacation!! I knew that God has blessed me so much in my life but getting to spend all day the last week with Ripley, I can see just how blessed I am. She is so pleasant and sweet. It has been a treat to see her and care for her; to watch Teresa love on her; and see her meet our families for the first time. I love everything about her.

I was going to wait and post my thoughts when I got home but I can’t wait. I want to shout just how great my God is and how He has blessed this sinner far more than I desire. He drew me to Himself at the age of 7 and He has molded me into the man I am today; through the good, the bad, and the indifferent situations of my life. He loves me far more than I desire. As a father now, I can see just a small bit of how He can love me like He does. How can I not serve Him the rest of my life?

Thank you Father for loving an unlovable person. Please take this small offering and use me to do whatever with me and to me so that You will receive the honor and glory.

No comments: