Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lucky (or Blessed) Man



Today is my 14th wedding anniversary so I wanted to post just how lucky of a man I am. I remember back in college talking with some older married students and them asking if I was married or happy. I know they meant it as a joke, but I always wanted to say that I was a happily married man. I prayed that God would give me a Proverbs 31 wife; I prayed this for the first time as a 16 year old preacher-boy and prayed it throughout my dating years. I sought the perfect woman and dated a lot of attractive women but I always asked God, “Is this the one You want for me?” It never failed, through circumstances the answer would be no so I went one to the next one. I knew God had called me to be in the ministry and I was told that I needed to be married so I looked for a ministry wife. I did this until I got tired of dating and decided to not date for awhile. That is when God sent Teresa into my life.

Teresa and I met when I worked at QVC. She was a Fulfillment Supervisor and I an hourly associate. I never worked for your department but we came into contact a few times. We started hanging out after work with a few others and then I invited her to church. She came several times. As our friendship deepened, I started to wonder if she was a Christian, so I asked her. She told me that she was not and that day God used me to draw her to Himself; the date was April 1, 1996. After her conversion, our friendship developed into something deeper. I wasn’t sure what it was morphing into. I prayed if Teresa could be the one for me. After the past relationships, I thought that she was but I needed to know. You see, Teresa was (and still is) the perfect package; she is beautiful, smart, caring, straight-forward, loved (still does) the Lord, and the list would take too long to read. I loved our friendship and feared that if I tried to take it to the next level it would stop. God was showing things to Teresa as I was praying, and she felt the same way. God has put us together at the right place and at the right time for us to be together. After praying and dating for 10 years, God gave me my Proverbs 31 wife.

I can say and I mean this with all my heart that I am the man I am today because God put Teresa and me together. I honestly believe God uses other people to mold us into who He wants us to become. Luck didn’t put Teresa and me together; it was God. I am blessed beyond measure with Teresa in my life. May God bless us with another few hundred more years today! I can honestly say, “I am a very happily married man

No comments: