Thursday, January 05, 2012


No Need To Fear Because God Is Here

My family and I are praying about a possible new adventure. We are slowly walking through the discussions and as we do, we are praying and seeking God’s direction and guidance. I have a group of people that I talk with for wise council. I know I can count on their wisdom and their prayers. One such person sent me a lengthy e-mail full of wise words and encouragement. One section made me smile; he writes:

“The only reason I take the time to type such a long e-mail and share these details with you is because I have had to apply these points to my personal life -- and each time I needed to make an important decision, and I was trying to listen to God, it was very frightening! . . . I wanted you to know that if you are scared, that you are not alone. God provides many examples of faithful people who listened to Him and followed Him - no matter what the cost.”

Before I received this e-mail, I had been praying through the fear of the uncertainty of this possible new adventure for my family and me. As I pray through the fear, I have Bible passages come to mind to encourage me and strengthen me. Passages like:

“. . . I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:20b

“For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7

“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” – Ephesians 2:10

“But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” – 1 Corinthians 1:27

These scripture passages encourage me as I seek the face of God. I know that what is uncertain to me is known to Him; what is unknown to me has already been accomplished by Him. Having just finished reading through the book of Acts and seeing men who were simple and uneducated do what was asked of them and changed the world showed me that this simple man can do whatever God is directing me to do because He will be the One doing it and I’m only a work glove He has chosen to use. Since God indwells me, I am never ever alone. There is no need to fear the uncertainty of the road ahead because God has already traveled this road and knows the way. There is no need to fear because He indwells me and since He is in me, I am never alone; and since I am never alone, why should I fear?

Thank you Holy Spirit for encouraging me and guiding me as I seek God the Father’s prefect will for my family and me. No matter the outcome; I pray the result will bring you honor and glory. That is my main purpose in this life.

No comments: