Tuesday, January 17, 2012


You Never Know

Over the weekend, my family and I were in Missouri. We flew back on Monday and our plane left Kansas City’s airport an hour late so we missed our connection by only minutes. It didn’t look good for all of us to make the finally flight out. Teresa and Ripley had seats but I was on stand-by. As I sat waiting for someone to take the option to sit off I was praying but in the back of my head I was thinking the devil was attacking because God did do some great stuff in our Missouri trip. As I prayed, I trusted God to have His way in this. As the last people were boarding, I stood with Teresa and Ripley waiting. The US Airway gate personnel were great; they were rooting that someone would miss the plane so we could all go together. The ladies literally counted down to the when they could give the last two seats to me and a young man and as soon as the time it 7:50pm, they told us to go and shut the door behind us. Teresa and I were rejoicing in the Lord and little did I know so was the young man.

Teresa and Ripley sat a row ahead of me and I sat with the young man. We started talking and I found out that Nathan (the young man) was on his way to interview for a summer internship with an engineering company. He is a junior at Purdue University but wanted to use his engineering degree to be a missionary. As we spoke, I learned that he was saved in middle school and is a member of a church (a Baptist Church) that focuses on reaching out to the international students of Purdue. He’s a shape young man. Please keep him in your prayers.

As I was encouraging Nathan in his calling to missions, Teresa was ministering to a young lady who was traveling alone with a 23 month old boy. He was cute but a hand full. Ripley was being so good so Teresa could help the lady. The young lady was so thankful.

What I thought was a satanic attack ended up being a ministry opportunity that Teresa and I would not have had if not for the delay. I young missionary to be was encouraged in the Lord and a young mother was helped by a stranger. You never know when or how God will use you. We are told to always be ready to give our testimony to others and what better way to share our testimony about Christ by living it out. You never know.

No comments: