Thursday, September 18, 2008

It’s My World, And You Just Live In It

When Teresa and I were driving back from the White Board Sessions Conference in May, I came up with a comment based on how people were driving on I 95. The comment is, “It’s your world and we just live in it.” In our day and age, people are living their lives with that attitude. It’s the idea of everyone else is second and they are first regardless in what environment. I see it at the gym I workout in, in the stores I shop, and of course on the roads. And the sad thing, I’ve seen it in the church.

I do struggle with having this same attitude when it comes to driving and even while I’m at the gym. It’s all about not be a doormat. I’m a guy and as a guy, I’m not going to just stood aside. It goes against my nature. It’s one of the side-affects of the disease we all have; the disease called SIN.

God tells us in His word, that we are to live in a way that everyone else comes first and we come last. It goes against our nature but that’s the marching orders from God. Jesus Christ who is Lord of all and the Head of the church lived this principle out. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and should have been the One being served while He was on Earth but He came to serve others. He took the servant attitude all the way to the cross. The same attitude should be in His people.

No comments: