Monday, September 15, 2008

My Prayer

The Old Testament leader of Israel named Joshua is said to be a foreshadowing of Jesus Christ. In fact, Jesus is the Greek translation of the Hebrew word Joshua. Just as Joshua led Israel to the Promised Land, Jesus is leading us to the promised land of salvation. I came across the below verse in my reading and it hit me between my eyes:

Joshua 1:16 “They answered Joshua, saying, ‘All that you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.’”

This is my prayer to Jesus Christ. From the young age He made Himself truly real to me, I’ve prayed this prayer. “All that you have commanded me, I will do and wherever you send me, I will go.” Teresa and I are seeking God’s face with our lives as we serve Him. We both made a commitment to follow His lead. Teresa has promised to walk with me where God leads me and I’m keeping (or trying to keep) my eyes on my Leader to follow Him. Wherever He looks or points, we will go. Just as God gave the Promised Land to Israel, He will accomplish His tasks He has assigned to us.

No comments: