Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Audience of the One

Over the years, I’ve learned what it truly means to worship God. Worshipping God is more than just singing praise and worship music over singing traditional hymns because I can worship God through both. When I was a Minister of Music I thought using praise music was leading the church to worship God and some of our folks did worship Him. Worshipping God is more than sing praise songs. We worship our God everyday, in the things we do, the words we say, and what we don’t say. We should live our lives for the audience of the One. I’m not saying we should live our lives like those with the philosophy of pleasing only themselves but living our lives in a way that will honor our God and Savior.

Remember, God is everywhere at one time. If you are a Christian, God indwells you in the form of the Holy Spirit. Whatever you do (good, bad, or indifferent) God is aware of it. If we truly understand the idea that God is with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days in a year, then that really should affect how we live our lives. We should live in a way that our lives should be a sweet smelling fragrance offering to our God; well pleasing to Him.

We will never be prefect this side of heaven, but we should have a walk that should be pleasing to God. King David was called a man after God’s own heart but if you ever read the books of 1 and 2 Samuel and see some of the things he did. It’s amazing the bad things he did yet he’s called this. Even through he did bad things, he also did great things for God and when it was all said and done, David confessed his sins and asked forgiveness of God. That’s why he is called a man after God’s own heart; he confessed his sins and sought out forgiveness.

One of my favorite worship songs is “The Potter’s Hand” because I can relate so much to it. I’ve put the words to the songs below to close out this posting. I pray the song makes you think.

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands,
Crafted into your perfect plan
You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes
I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray

Chorus:
Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

You gently call me into your presence guiding me by your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through your eyes
I'm captured by your Holy calling
set me apart, I know your drawing me to yourself
lead me Lord I pray

No comments: