Thursday, October 06, 2011

Trust In Jesus



There is a young lady I have as a “Friend” on FaceBook. I’ve known this young lady since she was 8 or 9 when her mother helped Teresa and me with the youth department way back in the late 1990’s early 2000’s. She was the sweetest little thing. At the time, I had in my church office a print of Bugs Bunny leading music hanging on my wall (I was Music/Youth Pastor) so she gave me a Bugs Bunny coffee cup for Christmas one year and a Bugs Bunny pen for my birthday the next year.

She’s in her early 20’s now and what I read on her postings makes me sad. Her parents left the church shortly before we did and I know they joined another church but that’s all I know what she has been up to from 2004 until now. Whatever it is, she is just not a happy camper these days. Her whole world seems to revolve around some guy and her job. It seems she allows things to get her down. Last week she posted that she wished that she was 21 so she could sit in her room and drink Jack Daniels to wash away her bad day. My sister and a few others wrote comments trying to encourage her and putting whatever the issue was on God and He will help her.

I read her wall this morning and it was the same doom and gloom I’ve been reading from her since we’ve been FaceBook “Friends.” I just want her to know that if she puts her trust in anything or anyone other than Jesus Christ, she will always be left wanting and/or disappointed.

We have all we will ever need (i.e. love, security, fulfillment, etc.) in Jesus Christ. He is willing and able to carry us through any and every storm that comes our way. Be they self created storms or God created ones; He can and will be with us through them. I think we cannot in our earthly form truly understand the love that Jesus Christ has for us. If we understand just a fraction of what it means to be loved by Christ, we can truly be happy and fulfilled people because our fulfillment is in the person Christ Jesus.

No comments: