Monday, December 15, 2008

What a Weekend

Today is one of those Mondays I don’t mind. I’m at work and I feel that now I can relax. This was a crazy busy weekend and next weekend will be as crazy. I’m feeling my body giving way to fatigue which is a sign for me to slow down a notch (which means for me going from 10 to 9).

The weekend started when I left work at lunch to drive 45 miles to Windsor to help decorate for my friends’ wedding. Teresa was already there with the bride, bride’s family and friends, and the groom. We decorated for 4 hours straight and then the rehearsal. The rehearsal was a three ring circus without the clowns and fun. There was a wedding coordinator who was nice and knew her stuff but we has the maid of honor (the pastor called her a Nazi behind her back) trying to taking control. Roger (the pastor) finally had to have people claim down and ask the bride what she wanted. It was interesting. Teresa and I got home by 9 pm and were asleep by 9:30 pm (very tiring day).

Saturday we had the morning to ourselves. It was nice as long as it lasted. We left the house at 1:30 pm so we could get to the church for the photos. The wedding started at 5:30 pm. The bride was beautiful and the broom had stars in his eyes. It was awesome because Teresa and I both love Gil and Jen and they were made for one another. I sang “I Will Be Here” for them and I did alright (I didn’t screw up). I had people tell me they loved the song and the maid of honor (A.K.A. The Nazi) told me she thought it was a CD playing until she noticed I had a microphone in my hand. Apparently she wasn’t paying attention during rehearsal. I give all the honor and glory to God when people told me they liked my singing because He is the One who gave me the voice. It took almost an hour from the finish of the wedding and photos until Gil and Jen came back to the fellowship hall. It was a nice wedding but Teresa and I were tired when we got home at 9 pm.

Sunday morning was a great time with the men of the small group I lead. We had a good discussion on our topic and the men went away filled. The worship service went well. Teresa and I went over to Hampton to return the tux and I had originally planned to start on my sermon (I’m preaching next church); however, I was informed by Teresa we needed to finish our Christmas shopping. We got back to the house by 5 pm. I was too tired to think straight so I just helped with cleaning and clearing space for a Christmas tree. I think I stopped around 8 pm.

I enjoy relaxing when I can and I need to try to do so this week (sometime) so my body won’t have to make me stop. Once a year, I get sick and I have to stop and relax. I’ve been lucky so far because of my regular exercise program. I’ll take it a little slower this week so I will be in good health for this weekend and for Christmas. I have my folks and sister with her family coming for Christmas; it will be a good time.

No comments: