Monday, May 18, 2009

World View



I’m getting so sick and tired of the media parading same sex relationships. Another female star has announced that her long time girlfriend and her are “engaged.” It’s starting to make me sick. I’m totally for loving sinners where they are and loving them into the Kingdom. People do not care what you know until they know how much you care for them. The only people Jesus ever condemned in the N.T. were the Pharisees because of their attitude. As a child of God, I’m called to show people Jesus and the Holy Spirit is the One who shows people their need for a Savior. I think I’m more sick of the world view of our society.

The world view you hold determines how you react to situations. If your world view is secular, then same sex relationships do not bother you because it’s up to the individual to determine what they believe. After all, truth is subjective (not really but the world thinks so). Your world view depends on your starting point. If your starting point does not consist of God, then you will have a secular world view where anything goes. If your starting point does consist of God, then you will have a Biblical world view; where you pass everything through the filter of the Bible.

Our society’s standards have changed a lot since the early 1950’s. America is a religious country but a Christian country anymore. Our society preaches tolerance until someone points out something is wrong according the “The Standard” which is the Bible and that’s when the tolerance preachers become intolerant to what is right in the eyes of God. The Liberal media isn’t right nor is the left wing nuts who are trying to force feed their agenda to the American people. As a conservative preacher, I would not even say that the “Religious Right” is correct all the time either. As a Christian, I’m called to love people where they are. These people (if the Holy Spirit) is working on them will see their need for a Savior.

My starting point is based on the Truth. The truth is found in the God-Man, Jesus Christ. Since my starting point is based on Jesus, my world view is that of the Bible. I will proclaim the good news of Christ, love people as Christ showed me in the gospels, and point people to Him. When He forgives them of their sins and they become a new creature, I will be there to equip them to grow in Him. And as they grow in Him, they will repeat the process. I call it Spiritual Reproduction.

No comments: