Monday, March 08, 2010

Future Suspense Author


I love telling stories about Ripley. On Saturday, Teresa went to a Women’s Ministry Luncheon so Ripley and I had “Daddy Time” for around 3 hours. It was a treat for me. I normally see her after an 8 hour work day and she is mostly asleep or tired/fussy. We had a great time together. We played with her mat and lights where she lies on her back and plays with a chain and see lights as music plays while kicking an exercise ball. We did that for 20 or 30 minutes. The best part of the time was when she talked with me.

Ripley has been talking up a storm; well OK, a 3 and half month old baby talking up a storm. She was sitting on my lap and leaning back on my legs so we were face to face. She would be just going on and on so I would play along and say “Really; are you sure about that story?” or “Wow, that was some story!” There was one where she went on and on for almost 2 minutes and then stopped. I looked at her with a smile and said, “You had a good beginning and middle, but how does the story end?” Ripley looked at me and was silent for 2 or 3 minutes and then starts back again just talking. When she was end, I said, “Wow that was a good ending to your story.” Her eyes got wide and smiled and nodded and swung her arms around. It was so funny. I told her that she could tell good thriller or suspense stories because she builds up the anticipation with her stop and start story telling style.

I enjoy holding and talking with my baby. She is a treasure, and I’m very thankful for her.

No comments: