Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where He Leads Me I Will Follow


The last few months, I have been trading e-mails with a church in Missouri. After a phone interview, they want Teresa, Ripley, and I to come out for a visit. We are working out the logistics for us to go sometime in May. We are praying that if this is God’s plan for us, we want the door to open for us to move to Missouri. While sharing this news, some of our friends and church members have asked, “You willing to go all the way to Missouri to pastor a church?” I had others ask, “What’s out there that you would consider moving?” I understand these questions but they do make me wonder why ask them. The reason I wonder that is because I am God’s slave; He saved me and I belong to Him so whatever He says and wherever He leads I will do and go; period.

While fielding these sorts of questions, the old hymn song popped in my head. The song is “Where He Leads Me.” The words to the first verse and chorus are:

I can hear my Savior calling,
I can hear my Savior calling,
I can hear my Savior calling,
“Take thy cross and follow, follow Me.”

Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow;
I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

I entered Bible College back in 1989 with the desire to be a missionary to Australia. Australia is on the other side of the world so Missouri is only a 20 hour drive or a few hours on a plane. I can not pray for God to open doors for me to pastor if I am not willing to go where He is directing me. I walk slowly making sure the direction He is leading is His desire for me and not mind. As I pray and the Holy Spirit leads me, Teresa is praying and the Holy Spirit is leading her. Since we have the same Spirit, what He is showing me He is showing Teresa.

Where He leads, my family and I will follow; no matter where it maybe. Where He puts us, He has a plan for us in that place. We will trust Him the all knowing and all powerful God.

No comments: