Monday, January 21, 2008

Being Faithful


As I look back on this past weekend, I can’t help but think WOW. I’ve always believed as long as we put God and His Kingdom first, He will reveal Himself in an incredible way.

After reading some great books this past year on church planting and reaching out to the community, I felt it was time to start something. That something is a Discovery Group or Bible Study at an apartment complex in Carrollton, VA. God had planned this way in advance. You see God had put a man in our path many years ago as a co-worker with Teresa. This relationship between him and Teresa grew into brother/sister type closeness where they could talk openly about Christ and other things. Because of this relationship, he came to Common Ground Community Church last year where he knew he would find love and caring. God allowed me to build on the relation Teresa and he had. He and I have developed a good relationship now. Through our relationship, he has grown in the Lord in a great way.

Because of this growth in Christ, he wanted to do something for God. While having one our talks in my office (the local coffee house), we talked about church planting and my desire to start a Bible study. He offered to be our contact to his apartment complex and he reserved the clubhouse. This new venture is only a few weeks old but God willing it will make an impact on Carrollton. We are excited to see what God will do.

I know that whatever happens with this Bible study, Gil is a true person of peace. We have a foot hold in a complex that needs the Light of Christ. Gil is only being faithful with what God has given him. I thank God for Gil.

We are called to be faithful with what God has given us. What has God given you? Whatever it is, trust God to use it for His Kingdom. Give it back to Him and you will see something awesome happen.

No comments: