Monday, January 28, 2008


Exercise – It Does the Body Good



I just came back from doing an hour on the stationary bike at the local Y.M.C.A. and I feel good! Every year at this time, I take 3 weeks off of going to the gym because of the crowds. Around the 3rd or 4th week, I know the crowds are smaller and by the beginning of February it’s back to normal. I miss working out so much during this time. I do the stationary bike and/or treadmill during my lunch time and hit the weights after work. I’ll start back hitting the weights next week. One of the reasons I exercise is that I want to be healthy as long as I can and to be usable to God longer.

I always get the same verse thrown at me by overweight and out of shape preachers. You know the one in 1 Timothy 4:8. In the King James Version, it says “For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” I always want to tell them first to lay over the sweets, but I say instead, “It says that exercise does profit.” I like to tell them that since our bodies are God’s temples, we should have a body that is pleasing to Him.

Long story short, I like to exercise and to sweat. For me, it reduces my stress level and makes my clothes fit better. And Teresa (my wife), likes it too. ; - )

PARTY ON!

No comments: