Friday, January 25, 2008

Coffeehouse Office
Yesterday I went by the local coffee house (not Starbucks). This place actually gives you a real cup if you are staying. This place also has more comfortable sitting and plays jazz music. It’s very comfortable. I call it my office and I tend to meet people there to talk about church planting stuff. I’ve been meaning to go by this place with my laptop and use their free wireless internet. You see, I received a laptop from my wife for my Christmas/Birthday gift. It has wireless options but I haven’t used it yet. I stopped by to test it out.

I bought a cappuccino and logged on the internet and settled in. It was awesome. I spent 2 hours working on John 1:19-34 study I’m leading at a Bible study on Saturday. With the jazz playing in the background, it was very nice. Toward the end of my time, a couple came in who were doing course work because they were talking economics. It was very cool. The coffeehouse makes a great office.

My desire is to use the local coffeehouses as an office instead of staying in a church’s office. Since we are in the very beginning of church planting, I don’t have a core group yet but working on it. Once God has everything in place, we will launch. With that said I’ll use the cell phone and my laptop and set up the office in the coffeehouse. I’ll buy a cup of coffee and get to know the owners and their people. It’s about meeting people where they are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Tom,
It's Rob over at Cradock. Give me a call sometime soon and let's get together to talk about your plant!