Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Anxiety?
I’ve been beating by head against the wall (or it feels that way) about where God wants us to plant His church. A lot of what I know of seeking God's direction I got from reading "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby. It's a very good book and greatsmall group study. You see God is working all around us. We have to keep our eyes on Him and He will direct us. While walking with Him in prayer and Bible reading, God will put a desire in our hearts to accomplish (that's where the Bible says, Godwill give you the desires of your heart). One thing about me is that I'm very cautious (sometimes too much) because of the failures I've had over my life. Some of my “Experiences” of failure has me walking slowly to make sure it is of God and not of me. My “Personality” is a go-getter and I tend to grab the ball and run with it; sometimes before I get instruction or direction so I come across as being flighty (which I hate because I want to be taken seriously). With all that said, my anxiety has been higher than usual lately.

Today as I was driving to work, I turned off the radio and just talked with my Heavenly Father about where He wants us to plant His church. I laid this at His feet, and walked in to work. I get to work early so I can read my Bible before I start my work day. As everyday, I log on to BibleGateway.com and do my Bible reading. This week I've been reading through 1, 2, 3 John and 1 Peter. Today, God sent me 1 Peter 5:6 - 7:
“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”

This was a reminder to me that even if I don’t know yet where the church plant will be, God does. He will show me as I walk with Him.

No comments: