Wednesday, August 06, 2008

19,999 People and Me



After almost 10 years, I starting jogging again back in March 2008 (only 4 months), and have run in two 5K Races and will run in an 8K Mud Run on Saturday, 8/9. I say that to say this, I registered to run in the Virginia Beach Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon. The race is on August 31. I looked through the race’s website about 6 weeks ago, and it said that only 20,000 spaces were available. I thought there is no way 20,000 people will run in a race in VA. After I race 8 miles on Sunday, I told Teresa that I think I can run in this race. I went in the website to register and there were only 200 spaces left. I thought wow, 19,999 people and me will be running over 13 miles on Labor Day weekend. It should be interesting. I’ll post after the race to let you know that I survived the race and my time and placing. In the registration, there is a place where they want to know your guess on your running time. I put 2 hours 30 minutes and 24 seconds. I have no clue but I ran 8 miles in about 1 hour and 22 minutes on Sunday so I’m giving myself another hour to run 5 miles. It will be a neat adventure.

No comments: