Friday, August 08, 2008

Loving FaceBook



I’ve been playing around on FaceBook for almost 2 months now and I’m loving going on this community website more everyday. Teresa is now hooked on it and is on it more than I am.

There have been people in my life that I allowed to go by the way side and I think of them every once and a while. Friends I made in college that went one way and me another. Teens I lead as a Youth Pastor now adults that I lost touch with. And people in my travels in ministry that I think of often but never been able to find an e-mail or phone number for. The people I have based sermon illustrations and stories I tell to my now friends.

FaceBook has given me back the opportunity to reconnect with these people. I love hearing about where my college friends are now and what they are doing. Some are where I thought they end up and others no where near. One has gone from Youth Pastoring to being a Warrant Officer in the Army (still work with youth as a volunteer), and some are teaching in Christian Schools. FaceBook is an awesome tool to reconnect.

No comments: