Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mud Run 2008

I have to say that I will never look at sand the same way after I ran in the ASYMCA Mud Run. The course was at least 85 to 90% sand. I mean loose sand, not compact sand. The race kick my butt and it was the toughest thing I ever put myself through and I loved it. They waited to put the toughest part toward the last half. They had a 5 foot wall which was easy to jump over (for me) and 3 “mud pit” areas. The last mud pit was one I had to crawl under rope and through mud (it was awesome) and through it my knees got cut up (no big deal) it was a cool adventure.
According to the website’s result tab, my running time was 67 minutes and 29 seconds, and I came in 64th out of 86 men in the age group of 35 – 39 and 973 place out of over 2000 runners. Not too bad for my first 8K mud run. See below for some of the photos of the run. After August 31, I’ll post about the Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon.

No comments: