Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Anxiety

Last night I laid out the plan of doing a monthly Celebration Event starting in October to our small Monday evening Discovery Group. It’s out there now. Last night I had the same dream over and over again. The dream was me and only 2 people in this Celebration Event; the same two people for 3 months. I know actually what the dream means. I have some anxiety about this step. Last year I came across Philippians 4:6:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I have freedom in knowing that God is in control (even when I can’t see Him), and He will make known everything I will need to know. The rest I have to take through faith. He has given us the people to help us reach out to the community of Carrollton, and He (God) is the One who draws people to Himself. We can have all the bells and whistles and if God isn’t in it, nothing will happen. And on the other side, we can have canned music, folding chairs, no multi-media slides, and preach the Bible and Christ, and God is in it, it will exploded.

Through the eyes of faith, I will trust the One who saved me and has called me to be His servant. I will trust in His great power and His great knowledge to do what He has called me to be and do.

Lord, take me and use me the way You see fit.

No comments: