Thursday, August 21, 2008

Getting Started

Today at the gym, I was warming up to do my bench-press by doing pushups. I do two sets of 25 pushups to warm up the chest muscles to avoid pulling anything. I was knocking out the first set of 25 and I realized that doing these was nothing. Last year I made my mind up to get back to shape so I started by doing 100 pushups everyday. I did 4 sets of 25 and when I started it was hard. After a period of time, they got easier but I had forgotten that fact until today. My body is used to doing these exercises now and they are easy to me.

This made me think about when I first told people about Jesus; how hard it was. It took me pushing through the fear and trusting God to give me the words. After many years of telling people of Jesus, it is easier. Getting started was the hard part but as I did it the talking became easier.

No matter what you are looking to do, the first stop is always the most difficult and scary. Be it getting into shape or doing what you are supposed to do. Getting start will be hard but rewarding in the long run. So let’s get started.

No comments: