Thursday, October 30, 2008

CHKD

Teresa and I have no children. We aren’t trying to have them nor are we trying not to have them. God hasn’t blessed us with them and we both feel that children are a blessing from God. God has given me a soft heart when it comes to children. When I hear news about a child being hurt or killed, I get mad and sad. Sometimes I feel the same way about adults but not very often.

Yesterday at around 4:40 PM Roger called me and asked me to go to Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters. A church member’s child was rushed there at 10:30 am in an ambulance and they wanted someone to come. He had another appointment at 5:30 pm that he couldn’t cancel. By this time, I had been home maybe 15 minutes and had put my house clothes on. I got the needed information and hung up the phone and got dressed.

We live maybe 5 minutes from the hospital so I got there and told the ER people that I was the family’s pastor and a security guard walked me to the room. The parents have been in this little room since 10:30 am (it was a little after 5 pm when I got there). They looked tired and worried. Little Trinity was just a crying because of the pain. She’s only 13 months old so this was how she showed her pain. The doctor in the room was awesome and was very caring. I was impressed. After the doctor left, I talked with the family and prayed with them. I stayed for about an hour and half. I left only after the grandfather arrived and the room was too small for 6 people so I left. I wanted to stay with the family until they had a room but I knew it was time to leave. I prayed with the family one more time and made sure they had my cell phone number in case they needed me again.

Please pray for little Trinity and her parents Jonathon and Crystal.

No comments: