Sunday, July 12, 2009

God Was Glorified



The service at Pine Chapel Baptist Church went very well. The main idea of the sermon was that we (the church) need to stay focused on the goal Paul talks about in Philippians 3:12-16. I talked about if the church or we Christians are distracted from fulfilling our goal or purpose we fail. The main goal or purpose of the church and as Christians is to bring glory to God period. I spoke on one thing that can and will distract us from fulfill this goal; it is self-centeredness.
The people were receptive to the sermon. There were a lot of positive comments as people left. My only goal today was to make sure the church body was encouraged, and to make sure they left fed; of course, this we secondary to the main goal which was to make sure to glorify God the Father.
I guess the topic could have been ill received if the approached was different. I approach of the sermon was as a talk among family. I look forward to seeing how God uses this to spark talks of the families during Sunday dinner and with the church body talking among themselves. All in all, I feel God was glorified.

No comments: