Sunday, July 26, 2009

Good Question



This morning Teresa asked me a very good question. The question was, “What do babies think about while in the womb?” I was stunned and couldn’t think of an answer. Logic would dictate that babies do think; especially in week 22. But what would a baby think about?
I do know that God knows who we are in the womb. David talks about this in one of his Psalms. St Paul even states in Ephesians that God knew us even before He created the Earth. I may not know what babies think about in the womb but I do know they are known by God. That is awesome when I stop to think about it.
St Paul in Ephesians even says that God foreknew that I would come to know Him as Savior and Lord. He chose me before time was started and I trust that He has knows Ripley as He knows me. I pray that He draws Ripley to Himself at an early age. I also pray that He brings Ripley through the pregnancy healthy and whole. But if in His wisdom, He chooses to do otherwise I will trust in Him. She will be perfect regardless.
Going back to the original question Teresa asked about what Ripley is thinking about. Since she is my child, I’m thinking she is thinking about either food or working on her backstroke; she is in liquid after all and I love to swim. ; - )

No comments: