Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Who Am I?



Last night I had a great reminder of just how blessed by God I am. Last night just before Teresa fell asleep, I held her and baby Ripley while lying in bed (as far as for Ripley, I held Teresa’s stomach). We didn’t say anything; we just laid there. I am so blessed to have Teresa for my wife. Not to sound cheesy, but God has used her to make me the man I am today. I just laid there holding my ladies and just praising God in my head. It makes me think why has God blessed me so? Who am I that I have been blessed so much?

Going back to the beginning, God drew me to Himself at the age of 7. I started serving Him at the age of 14, and He called me to preach at the age of 16. I have had the opportunity to use my youth to serve Him. He gave me good Godly (not perfect) parents and a loving home to grow up in. He gave me good examples (pastor, youth pastor, and music director) to learn from at an early age. My God is so giving.

I can see how He directed my path from childhood to now, and it is amazing. When I wish things went differently while I was younger, I stop and remember I would not be me; the me I am now. God knows what He is doing when we do not. The Bible says that He knows us from before He created everything. David wrote that He knows us in the womb. He knows my baby and is forming her to be what he wants for her. That is just simply wow to me.

The Casting Crowns’ song “Who Am I” bridge puts it best;

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

My purpose in life is to bring glory to God the Father and I will never stop trying to do so. The best part of living my life for Him is that it’s not me doing it; it’s all Him. He is the One who leads; He is the One who directs; and He is the One who loves. I’m simply following His lead. My God is awesome and I am not worthy to be His child. Thank you Father for making me worthy to be yours. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you.

No comments: