Thursday, March 24, 2011

God Is Great!




Today is the day we find out what the Dollar Tree bonus will be for fiscal year 2010. With the recession, Dollar Tree Stores have done very well. We even bought out a Canadian store chain and relocated a distribution center from UT to southern CA. God has blessed DTS in 2010. I was looking forward to seeing how good our bonus would be this year. I had an amount in my head but when my supervisor showed me the amount, I was stocked; I was almost speechless and that’s saying a lot for a preacher. I’m looking forward to writing the tithe check this Sunday. DTS has been very good to me and my family over the 12 years I’ve been here. God always provides for our every need; even the needs we are unaware of.

When Teresa was part of the group downsized from QVC in 2008, I knew God would provide for us. And when Teresa wanted to stay home after Ripley was born in 2009, I knew God would continue to take care of us and He has in so many ways. DTS pays our billings with a little leftover. God has enabled us to have Teresa stay home with Ripley during the day; Teresa is our part-time Administration Assistant at Common Ground which she does at the house and she works Monday and Wednesday evenings at TCC as a business professor which allows me to have some “Daddy Time” with Ripley. We are not lacking in anything; our cars may not be new (my truck is 10years old and Teresa’s car is 5 years old), we might buy Ripley’s clothes through yard sales and thrift stores, and we clip coupons, but God is taking care of us. We are so blessed and our God is so awesome.

No comments: