Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Goals



I have set mini-goals for the church plant in Carrollton. We have accomplished one and planning to accomplish the second one next week. Goals help you achieve things that you dream about. The goals for Connection Point Church are set and will be accomplished by God and Him alone.

I was thinking about the goals we are planning to hit for the church and I haven’t set a personal goal in awhile. I set one back in early spring to loss 30 pounds and I lost 35 pounds by September. That was an awesome feeling. I hate looking and being fat. I’m been in and out of fitness since high school and now that I’m 38 I want to stay in good shape. This morning a set a new personal goal and I pretty excited about.

You see I started to run on the treadmill every Tuesday and Thursday instead of just walking. I used to run all the time when I was younger. I started running 2 weeks ago and man I forgot how much I enjoyed it. The treadmills at the YMCAs are preset to run up to 30 minutes. Today I ran 25 of the 30 minutes, and I feel good. My goal is to run the entire 30 minutes. I’ve set the achievement of this goal for next Thursday. After achieving this goal, I have another; to run in a 5 or 10 K race.

My long term personal goals are not only regarding physical fitness but also Spiritual fitness. I want to keep walking with God and learning as I preach and teach His word.

Most people don’t set goals and that’s all right. I need to set goals or I won’t grow. By nature, I’m lazy so I have to set goals to stay moving. It’s too easy for me to sit around and do nothing. I hope you have set goals for youself.

No comments: