Saturday, April 19, 2008

Rest
Next Saturday is the community outreach and there is still must to do. This week has been a long and busy one for me with working my regular job and planning the outreach. I left the house today at 10:00 and planned to spend the day putting out flyers for the event. After only an hour of doing so I was spent. I couldn’t force myself to continue. Teresa told me before leaving not to overdo it today. She knows me well; sometimes too well. I got back into my truck and started home. I felt like a loser and a lazy piece of trash. As I drove through Carrollton, I kept praying to God to forgive me of my tiredness. I’m a fool.
After beating myself up, I turned the radio back on and K-Love was playing music that spoke to my soul. God let me know that I did not let Him down. He created man to need rest. We have a week and He will make sure all is done for the event. I tell people all the time that it is God who does the work and we just follow Him. I was trying to take the lead. After my soul was spoken to, I came home and Teresa saw as soon as I walked through the door I was tired. She gave me the couch to relax. She’s a great partner.
Today, I will rest at the house. I’ve watched two DVDs and have 3 more to watch. I’m a couch potato today and am enjoying it. We have time to put out the flyers and if we don’t, God’s will still have His way with the outreach event. I will trust in Him.
I wanted to share my thoughts as I was thinking about the lesson I learned today. I tend to have to relearn these lessons time and again. It’s tough being human, but someone has to do it and I do it so well.
; - )

No comments: