Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday’s Reflections of Sunday


I was thinking about how great yesterday was. I can’t help but be very thankful to God for all He did yesterday.

In the 9 A.M. Men’s Bible Group, we started a new study using the book, “Redefining Life: For Men.” In the last 2 years I’ve lead this group, we had good studies. Some were DVD based studies and most were small group studies to develop discussions. By far this one is the best we’ve done. God is truly blessing this group because the men are growing in their walk with God. Not only is the group maturing, but more men are checking us out. We had 7 men in the group yesterday with 2 more men planning to join us next week. These men are wanting to grow in their walk and be the leaders of their families. It’s an honor to be able to lead them.

Just before the morning service Satan was acting out. Nothing was looking good. Our senior pastor was out and the multi-media projector was not at the church yet. It arrived 5 minutes after the service started. As the worship leader was leading the music, I set it up and tried to open the Power Point slides but it wouldn’t open. I thought to myself, we’re doing the worship old school. The great part about this is that God’s spirit was manifested during the music portion of the worship hour. He was present during the preaching part of it as well. Having music on the screen is cool but it’s not the end all. God is the end all.

After the morning service, Teresa and I were able to hang out with our friends at Rudy Tuesday’s. It was a great time of fellowship and getting to know our best friend’s new girlfriend. We met her last week and this was more time to get to know her. She loves the Lord and wants to serve Him just like Gil does. I left feeling energized. It was fun, and of course as I shared in yesterday’s post we bought new cell phones. That was a great way to end the day serving our Lord.

I hope God was able to use you on Sunday.

No comments: