Thursday, June 12, 2008

Smoky Joe’s

Last night I had dinner with a friend at a BBQ place in Carrollton called Smoky Joe’s. The food was awesome and the place was cool. As Gil and I talked and enjoyed the food, I looked around and saw the different people who were eating. This is a neighborhood type place so the people eating were people who live nearby. I have to admit, I ate there to see if it could be a possible place to connect with the community. The food will cause me to come back. The food and the desire to connect with the Smoky Joe’s people will make it a regular watering hole.

The layout of the place is perfect for a church gathering. There is a stage in the corner with its own sound system for live music. The tables can be moved to set up chairs. I’m praying that God will open this place for a Sunday morning gathering. The idea of worshipping God in a place that Jesus would spend time in to me is ideal. The place is a bar that serves great food. Having church in a bar is an awesome idea to me. I’m praying that this desire is the one God has for us to do for Him. If it is, He will open the door wide.

No comments: