Monday, June 23, 2008

Safety & Provision

On Friday night, I was driving home from a business dinner and my truck died on I 264. When I left the restaurant, I noticed the battery light on. I thought that’s not good. I was planning on getting the truck served anyway so I was going to get it looked at over the weekend. On the way home, I felt the AC not cooling and thought, “That’s weird.” As I’m thinking this, I see another light come on and the speedometer go down; I lost power. I was on the far right lane anyway so I pulled off the interstate. I sat there thinking, “This is just great. Now what?” After about a 5 minute span of praying and thinking, I turned the key. The truck started so I praised the Lord. But after less than a mile, the truck died again.

I called Teresa and she came to get me. It took her about 20 minutes so I stood less than 5 feet away from a major through way to the a major beach vacation spot. Car after car just sped by. I was thanking God for not allowing me to be in the middle of the downtown Norfolk tunnel when the truck died. You see, the truck isn’t mind. The truck belongs to God; I just get to manage it. When Teresa arrived, I was claim and she noticed. I told her that it wouldn’t do to get mad because things happen. It will work out.

On Saturday, I called a towing company and we carried the truck to a nearby Ford dealership. I will be able to pick it up after work today. With replacing the alternator and 4 new tires (apparently I need new ones), the grant total is over $800. I have no worries about the bill. God has blessed us and He will continue to bless us. I will pay the bill and drive God’s truck to our Monday night Discovery Group praising Him all the way.

No comments: