Thursday, November 20, 2008

Being Focused



I really enjoy exercising. I’m sure some people hate to exercise and if they do exercise, it’s not fun for them; I really enjoy exercising. Some people tend to focus on their bodies and rhythm while working out. I have to admit, I have to focus on my body parts when I’m doing weight training, but I don’t focus on me when I’m cycling, running, and/or swimming.

When I’m doing the stationary bike, I’m reading. I’m usually reading a book on church, a Biblical subject, or a book on God so I’m focused on learning something so I can use to honor God. When I run, I’m focused on the environment and seeing the awesomeness of creation; again, focusing on God. When I swim, I think about breathing right but most of the time my mind wonders as I do lap after lap after lap. My mind tends to wonder on the tasks I’m doing or dream of doing to honor God.

Focusing on God really makes me truly focused on the right things. Thinking about fun and other things that will make me happy is not bad as long as it’s not always about me. We are put here to bring God honor and glory. Try not focusing on you and try keeping the focus on God. He deserves out focus.

No comments: