Thursday, November 06, 2008

Worship



The other day, I was home alone and working on answering a questionnaire a church’s pulpit committee sent me and I put in a Casting Crowns CD. I really enjoy listening to this group and since I read Mark Hall’s (lead singer) book “Lifestories: Finding God's "Voice of Truth" Through Everyday Life” I enjoy them a little more knowing the stories behind their songs. While the music played in the background, I read and answered the questions on my laptop (love WiFi), and then the song “Praise You With The Dance” came on. I started singing along and before I knew it the Holy Spirit manifested Himself. [I believe that since God is omni-present He is with us at all times, but it’s not until we engage Him we can sense His presence.] I went from just singing along to engaging God in worship. I had to just stop what I was doing and worship the God of universe. It was an awesome experience. I sat back in my chair with tears rolling down my cheeks and raised my arms in adoration to my Savior. Some songs can engage me at the drop of a hat and “Praise You With The Dance” is one of them. See below for the words of this song.

Praise You With The Dance

I will sing to the Lord
And I will lift my voice
For You have heard my cry

I will sing to the Lord
And I will lift my hands
For You have brought me out of the pit
For You have brought me out of the pit

And I'll sing glory, hallelujah
I lift Your name on high
And I'll sing holy, 'cause You're worthy
I'll praise You with the dance

No comments: