Thursday, January 15, 2009

Godly View of Trials

There are some people that God has put in my path that I feel it's an honor for me to work with or have worked with. Ron is one of these people. I got to know Ron pretty well while I worked in the Point Harbor Community Church's men's ministry. Since Teresa and I felt Point Harbor Community Church to work with Common Ground, I've seen Ron twice but we send e-mails all the time. Below is an e-mail from Ron that leaves me thinking that Ron knows the One who is in control of our lives. I my opinion, this is the correct way to view trials and tribulations.

I hope your family is well. Zee and I are still on the battle field for our Lord. I had rotator cup surgery on Dec. 22nd., my sister went home to be with the Lord Jan. 11th., her father is in the last stages of cancer as well as a cousin.

We have been studying the book/letter to the Phiippians. Just reading about Paul's many circumstances gives you a new prospective on your own. One thing that jumps out at you in the pages is the love, concern for the people of God that Paul had inspite of all other things going on in his life that made him personaly uncomfortable.

"These are the times that try men's souls". Isn't that so true? These are the times that a God who is in control of it all has allowed to be. I see why our Lord put such a low value on complaining and being unthankful. I see why it's not good to think one is entitled to only the best in life. I see how we can become so consumer minded, even in the church, to have the audacity to pick who we want to minister to. Even in the toughest times God continues to call us to the side of others in need. He continues to supply our needs according to His riches in Christ.

Isn't it blessed and wonderful that He does not put more on us than we can handle. We can do that to ourselves quit well. It's true that we should pray and wait for an answer so that we could be in the center of His will..but we don't always because we are mere humans, YET HE REMAINS FAITHFUL!! Pray for us on Saturday.17th. The funeral will be held at 10 a.m.

In Him

Ron

No comments: