Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Testimony

I was looking through my Microsoft Word documents and came across the below. I wanted to share this with you. If interested, read on.

On a Sunday morning in 1977, I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior at the age of 7 years old. In 1984, my family joined Fellowship Baptist Church (now Point Harbor Community Church) in Chesapeake, Virginia. In that same year, I surrendered my life to God to do with as He wanted. I made myself available every time the church needed help. Every summer, I spent time at the church building helping with cleaning, maintenance, visitation, and washing the buses. No task was too small, because I was ministering. I carried a New Testament in my back packet everywhere I went so I would be ready to witness.

In 1986, I sensed God’s call on my life for full time ministry. With a new sense of purpose, I began to share the love of God with my classmates. I carried a Bible on top of my schoolbooks so that people would ask why. This gave me witnessing opportunities. I helped the Youth Pastor with anything and everything with the intent to learn and a sincere desire to minister with him and to the youth of our church.

In 1989, upon graduating from high school, I enter Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Missouri to pursue a degree in Missions/Bible. After 3 years of study, I left college and return to Virginia to reassess and seek specific direction concerning God’s calling in my life.

From that time on, God has taught me much about waiting on His timing and trusting in His guidance. I have utilized this time in my life to deepen my faith-walk and actively serve in various ministries at three dynamic churches, both vocationally and as a lay leader. Currently, God has sent me Common Ground Community Church (a Southern Baptist Church Plant), where I’m partnering with the pastoral staff in the areas of Small Groups and Discipleship.

No comments: