Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Power of the Resurrection

“He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. (Matthew 28:6)”

I never get used to reading about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I cry every time I read the gospels. I pray I never get over it. The passage I put above just jumped out at me today. “for He is risen, just as He said” made me rejoice in the Lord.

The crucifixion was the fulfillment of the agreement God made with Israel. It was a conclusion of the Law. Jesus didn’t just die in our place as a payment for our sin, He set us free from sin itself. Because Jesus was raised from the grave, we have the victory. The power of the resurrection is that we can overcome the sin that once held us down. Because of what Christ did, we can be more than conquers over sin and death. Jesus took the keys of death and hell from Satan when He was raised from the grave.

When you feel that you just can’t win or be delivered from any sin, remember that Jesus is seating on the right hand of God the Father and being our attorney and pleading your case. If you do know Jesus Christ as Savior, you are a new person. The Bible says that all things are new. God only sees two colors; white and red. Red is our sin and white is what purity looks like. When Jesus saves us, He seals us forever in His blood so when God the Father sees us He sees us through His Son’s blood which makes us appear white. That’s the power of the resurrection.

No comments: