Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Happy!



I just got a call from the computer shop that has had my laptop for a week now. It’s nice and clean of all spy ware and ready for pick up. Teresa will go by and pick it up today. I can’t believe how happy that makes me. For almost 3 weeks, we haven’t had a computer at the house after having one for 10 years. The family computer stopped allowing us access to the internet 3 weeks ago so we knew something was up. It’s older (4 years old; ancient for computers) so after the shop told us the amount of money it would cost to remove all the spy ware and viruses, we decided to buy Teresa her own laptop. My laptop is only 1 year old so we had the shop clean it up.

Teresa is more technical than I so she has used the library computer to research how to prevent this from happening. We have a new WiFi server we are hoping will help. My laptop was hijacked because (we think) we’ve been using our neighbor’s WiFi and didn’t have a filter. We now know better.

It will be nice to have all my stuff back (pictures, videos, and other saved stuff). It has been weird not having what I need at my figure tips. Weird but this has made my day.

No comments: