Monday, February 11, 2008

Boots on the Ground

On Saturday, 2/23, God willing we will be putting boots on the ground so to speak in the housing development behind the apartment complex we meet on Saturdays. I’ve just ordered the flyers that we will hand out. I was able to talk with the president of the home owners’ assoc., and he thought it would be alright to put the flyers in the boxes under the homes’ mailboxes. We aren’t allowed to put door hangers on the doors but we are able to put out the flyers. Our goal is to talk with whoever is outside and talk with them about either attending the Discovery Group meeting in the apartments or be willing host a group in their homes. Since I’m still an apprentice until March, I haven’t gotten any financial support except for what I get for being an apprentice. Because of that, we are trusting God to send us people of peace to open their homes up for groups.

We are excited to see what God will do in Carrollton. We will trust in what He will do. We will be faithful to what we should do and follow His leading. I have a meeting with a pastor of a church in the Carrollton area on Wednesday to talk with him and introduce myself to him. The main purpose to learn what he has learned leading a church in the area. To us, the future is unclear but we serve the One is the Great I AM so He knows what will happen to us and through us to bring Him glory. We are just trying to stay out of His way.

No comments: