Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Opening Doors



I had a call last night from the president of the Eagle Harbor Home Owners Assoc. He gave me the impression that he is alright with us putting out flyers about our Bible Study. It’s very exciting! My prayer is that God would send us another person of peace for the homes; a person to be willing to open up their house for a Discovery Group. It’s awesome to see God doing His thing. I was informed by Roger (my pastor) that Common Ground will be willing to help with the paying for some of the cost for the flyers. God is providing. This is one of those Wow moments. You know when you see God working and say, “WOW!” It’s very cool.

I left a message with the Dean of Students of Central Baptist Seminary yesterday. I would like to talk with the students about being willing to help with the church plant. This would be a great opportunity for some of them to learn. I know that I would love to have been able to do something like this when I was in college. I got the idea from “Leadership From the Inside Out: Examining the Inner Life of a Healthy Church Leader” by Kevin G. Harney ($11.99 at Amazon.com). If God wants this to happen, the door will open. He already has people lined to help us. I know these people will come in God’s timing.

Keep praying for open doors that only God can open. That way, all will know that God is doing His thing and we are along just following Him. It’s all about bringing glory to God. He is the One who does, and we just follow.

No comments: