Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Real Worship (The Learning Years)

What I know today about what real worship is truly about is partly due to the man God had replace me as music director of the church I grew up in and worked in as music director/associate pastor. Jerry came in with an idea of what worship is and taught the church what real worship is all about. Before moving to VA, Jerry spent several years studying the Bible and teaching principles of worship to the church he and John (new pastor) lead in Michigan. The year before God brought these men to VA, God was working in my life and those of our church in desiring to worship Him more. Jerry sat everyone down that was part of the music ministry and taught us first what worship is all about. After we learn the truth, he taught the church. Back in 1999, the idea of real worship was just coming to America from countries that already learned the truth years earlier. God used this time for me to learn how I can worship Him in a proper way and with a pure heart. I will always be grateful to Jerry for coming and teaching these truths to me.

No comments: