Thursday, February 14, 2008


Lifesong


On Monday, I was at working sitting in my cubical and my cell phone rings. It was Brian, a friend and member of the men’s Bible group I lead on Sunday mornings, and he informed me that his dear friend’s wife had dead Sunday night. His friend’s wife was 28 years old and had 4 children ranging in age from 18 months to 7 years old. He was concerned for his friend and wanted me to pray for them. I told him I told and I prayed with him on the phone. I sent out a mass e-mail to those of our church on the prayer chain to pray for B.J. (Brian’s friend) and the family. The positive of this story is that B.J. is a Christian and so was his wife. She is home with the Lord and getting to dance and worship Him face-to-face.

I talked with Brian this morning to see how his friend and family are doing. It has been revealed that Brian’s friend’s wife had been sick off and on for a year. It didn’t seem serious so she just took over the counter medication. What had happen was that during this time mucus had built up in her lungs. When she took a nap on Sunday and fell asleep on her stomach, the mucus built up caused her to suffocate.

This is a sad story that hits home for Brian because his wife (Jessica) is only 2 years younger than B.J.’s wife. This is a reminder to us all that we are not promised our next breath or heartbeat. Everyday is a gift from God to us to bring Him glory. We all have a “Lifesong” that should be bringing God glory.

How are you bringing glory to God in your life? Think about it.


No comments: