Thursday, February 21, 2008

CPN

I was able to make our local church planter network (CPN) meeting. I enjoy these because I get to talk with the men who are either planting a church or pastoring a new church. I enjoy talking with them. Today we had a visitor from our local newspaper. The reporter covers the "Religious" section of the paper. Steve is a real nice guy who just listened and took notes. He was talking with some of us about what we are doing so I gave him a business card.


We met at a church in downtown Norfolk. Robb is renting a old warehouse that was empty for years. I've always liked the idea of meeting in a warehouse so it was neat for me to see it done. The people this church is reaching out to is an artist community so they have art work where. The picture I have on this posting was done my a lady in 5 minutes. I love it. I almost asked if I could buy it. It's different.


I love the fact God uses different types of people to do His work. There is no cookie cutter when it comes to God and His work. He uses former drug users to reach drug uses. He uses the traditional churches to reach some people. Just as we have different tools in our tool boxes, God uses different people for special ministries. It's way cool.

No comments: